We’ve had a busy 2017 at HBC. The great work of our teams has created opportunities to share what we’ve learned with audiences around the world. This year our folks have been on stage in Austin, Sydney, Portland, Seattle, San Diego, Boston, London, Israel and on our home turf in NYC and Dublin. The talks have covered deep learning, design thinking, data streaming and developer experience to name just a few.
Lucky for you, if you haven’t been able to check out our talks in person, we’ve compiled the decks and videos from a bunch of our talks right here. Enjoy!
- Sean Sullivan spoke at the Portland Java User Group about Gilt’s E-Commerce Platform.
- Mikhail Girkin spoke at the Reactive Systems Meetup in Dublin about Streaming Data to s3 Using Akka Streams.
- Ryan Martin spoke at AWS Architecture Week in NYC.
- Ugo Mantrangalo presented at the Microservices Meetup in Dublin about Writing Microservices in Go.
- Dana Pylayeva lead a workshop entitled Growing by Sharing: Transitioning a Group to a Self-Directed Model at the NYC Scrum User Group in March and the Scrum Gathering in San Diego in April.
- Jose Martinez and Ed Perry spoke at the Elastic NYC User Group Meetup.
- Adrian Trenaman spoke at the AWS Dublin User Group about Serverless Architectures.
- Dana Pylayeva lead a workshop on Gamifying DevOps with Chocolate and Legos at the Agile Alliance Technical Conference in Boston.
- Sean Sullivan spoke at the Portland Java User Group about Payment Processing at Gilt.
- Evan Maloney spoke at the Brooklyn Swift Meetup about Gilt’s 8 Year Codebase Evolution.
- Mike Hansen spoke at QCon about Streaming Architectures.
- Adrian Trenaman spoke at QCon about Removing Friction in the Developer Experience.
- Gregor Heine spoke at the Dublin Microservices Meetup about Making Microservice deployments to AWS a breeze with Nova.
- Pau Carré Cardona spoke a the O’Reilly AI Conference in NYC and the Deep Learning in Retail Summit in London about Deep Learning in the Fashion Industry.
- Sean Sullivan spoke at Scala Up North and the Portland Java User Group about ApiBuilder.
- Sophie Huang spoke at the Customer Love Summit in Seattle.
- Kyla Robinson gave a keynote on Key to Success: Creating A Mobile–First Mentality.
- Sera Chin and Yi Cao spoke at the NYC Scrum User Group about HBC’s Design Sprints.